eps Frequently Asked Questions
- What is eps?
- Which banks will allow me to deposit using eps?
- I don't have a bank account with these banks?
- Who can use eps?
- How do I fund my account using eps?
- How long does it take to receive the money transferred into my account?
- In which currency is my bank Account debited?
- Are there any fees associated with eps?
- Can I withdraw to eps?
- As I am sharing my eps card information, can money be debited from my bank account without my knowledge?
1. What is eps?
eps (e-payment standard) has been developed by Austrian banks, the Austrian Ministry of Finance (BMF) and the CIO (Chief Information Office) of the Austrian Government. eps allows buyers to make online payments via their internet banking applications and is available around the clock, irrespective of bank opening times.
2. Which banks will allow me to deposit using eps?
The following banks can be used with eps:
- Bank Austria
- Bankhaus Carl Spangler & Co. AG
- BAWAG (auch Easybank, Sparda und PSK)
- Erste Sparkasse
- Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank International AG
- HYPO Investmentbank AG
- Hypo Tirol Bank AG
- Niederösterreichische Landesbank-Hypothekenbank AG
- Vorarlberger Landes-und Hypothekenbank AG
- Die Österreichische Volksbanken
- Investkredit Bank AG
3. I don't have a bank account with these banks?
Unfortunately, you can only use eps with the banks specified above. eps are negotiating with other banks and more will be added here in the future.
4. Who can use eps?
eps is only available to customers who have a bank account with the banks mentioned In question 2.
5. How do I fund my account using eps?
To deposit using eps, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the 'Cashier' tab and select 'Deposit'.
- You will now see the eps logo. To select this deposit option simply click on the icon.
- Enter or select your deposit amount and bonus code (if applicable), then click on 'Deposit'.
- You will now be redirected to eps.
- Select your bank from the list provided.
- You will now be redirected to the selected banks online gateway, enter your e/banking log-in details.
- Confirm the transaction.
- You will be redirected back to the cashier.
- On the next screen you will get a confirmation message. Click 'OK'. This will take you back to the cashier.
6. How long does it take to receive the money transferred into my account?
The money will be transferred to your account instantly.
7. In which currency is my bank Account debited?
Your bank account is debited in euros (EUR).
8. Are there any fees associated with eps?
We do not charge a fee for eps deposits. Please contact your bank for further information regarding any applicable fees.
9. Can I withdraw to eps?
eps is currently only available as a deposit option.
10. As I am sharing my eps card information, can money be debited from my bank account without my knowledge?
You have complete control over the amount that you transfer from your account to your account.
Until you authorise the transaction, funds will not be debited from your bank account. We cannot authorise transactions on your behalf.